Skip to content

Aerie Dialogue Loop & Other Fun Bugs - bug

Taffy_the_DrowTaffy_the_Drow Member Posts: 2

I am playing a multiplayer game on my tablet with a friend (also using a tablet) and there have been quite a few bugs recently!

We are on Chapter 2. After we finished the Windspear Hills quest we returned to Athkatla and Aerie began getting stuck in a dialogue loop. Dialogue box opens with her generic remarks, like "Hmm?" And then the box closes on its own, then happens two seconds after again. It was driving us mad and we haven't been able to find any advice online for androids. So we sadly had to kick her off the team (when we re-added her she did the same thing)

Next big bug is Haer'Dalis. We added him after kicking Aerie out. We did the Astral Prison but when we go to free him and his buddies, he is gone! It is only Raelis and the two other actors. Raelis sends us back to the basement of the Five Flagons, no Haer'Dalis! We have tried reloading but every time he is not there and Raelis doesn't mention him.

Also in the Astral Prison, randomly, we found the Grand Watcher guy from the Temple of Helm. In general we have had some strange dialogue bugs too, romance dialogues will start and then just cut off after the first line.

This is my friend's first time playing, and I dont want these evil bugs to ruin it for him! I am nervous that if we move onto chapter 3 the story will get messed up because of these kinds of bugs. Is it because we are on tablets and there's no patches for the likes of us?

Comments

• KesseranKesseran Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    To fix the Aerie issue, try turning off/on multiplayer banter. If I remember correctly it's what triggers the dialogue for the recruit-able characters in multiplayer so that should fix it.

The romance dialogues are a problem with the multiplayer banter as well, again try turning that on/off and see if it helps.

As for Haer'Dalis, this is an issue with the game script not loading correctly (either getting partly corrupted during the install or not being properly configured when you loaded the area). The best fix for this is to take the script for that specific area (both the Planar Prison and the Bridge District) from the pc version of the game and copying them to your override folder.

If you don't have an override folder, make one. It should go where your installation folder is, standard will be Storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIEnhancedEdition/files.

Edit: Fixed the name of Haer'Dalis prison, it's actually Planar Prison.