Skip to content

Throwing axes and hammers bug - any fix?

So throwing axes and hammers do not receive a strength bonus to their damage in BG2EE.* I know that this bug has been reported, but is there any 'fix' for it? Thanks!

* The sole exception is the +2 throwing axe (which I believe is from BGEE). I used EEKeeper to give it to Korgan after discovering that Hangard's axe wasn't receiving any strength bonus. However, whenever I use this throwing axe, it leaves several 'copies' lying on the ground afterwards (which is annoying, but easily ignored).

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2015
    forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38335/11137-throwing-axes-and-throwing-hammers-should-add-strength-bonus-to-damage-when-ranged
    Write names of hammers and axes i will add str bonus to them and upload here for u.
    Post edited by Maxxximus on

So throwing axes and hammers do not receive a strength bonus to their damage in BG2EE.* I know that this bug has been reported, but is there any 'fix' for it? Thanks!

* The sole exception is the +2 throwing axe (which I believe is from BGEE). I used EEKeeper to give it to Korgan after discovering that Hangard's axe wasn't receiving any strength bonus. However, whenever I use this throwing axe, it leaves several 'copies' lying on the ground afterwards (which is annoying, but easily ignored).

AX1H06 unused weapon no1 use or sell it so who cares if it's broken :wink:
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Maxxximus said:

forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38335/11137-throwing-axes-and-throwing-hammers-should-add-strength-bonus-to-damage-when-ranged
    Write names of hammers and axes i will add str bonus to them and upload here for u.

That would be wonderful! Here they are:

Hangard’s Axe +2 (AX1H08)
    Rifthom Axe +3 (AXH109)
    Azuredge +3 (AX1H10)
    K’logarath +4 (AX1H16)
    Dwarven Thrower +3 (HAMM06)
    The Brick +2 (OHNHAMM1)

Thanks very much! :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    @Maxxximus: Thanks a metric tonne! :D

@Maxxximus: Thanks a metric tonne! :D

U are welcome, enjoy the game and "HACK AND SLASH YOUR WAY TO FORTUNE".
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, thx for that thread too! ..

A few months ago (before i gave up with the EEs^^), I've been noticing myself the also totally random nature of the 'throwing weapons' things (especially axes, yes^^) under the different versions of the EE.. and that was really making me mad as well (just for the hell of it , you know, the 'what the hell are exactly the logical rules to play with -and eventually build characters around- in that damn 'enhanced' thing^^).. ... at a time (previous BGEE1/2 version), you even had a bug with the THAC0 bonuses.. you got DEx bonus (ok), AND STR bonuses too, as if they were used in melee too.. (not OK).. instead of just DEX bonus only like every distance weapons.
    And now, last version... the annoying THAC0 thing above seems to have been corrected (hurray!^), BUT+STR bonuses on the damages became random too apparently...

GOOD THING was i noticed that all that could now be relatively easily corrected with the last versions of
    DLTCEP (aka DLTCEP77j+), a few months ago (new specific pointers to check or not especially for that too..improved controls as they say; yeah, sure too, thx!^^) ..was not possible before; so, there could be, at least, a manual solution .. hurray too... of course, with the added pain in the *ss to have to do it for every throwing axes, etc.. and check everyones to be sure.. but well, at least could be done, ahem ^^ ...

But in the end, i was even no more sure about what was the f*** real rule about that; was the +STR really ok or not (in the very first EE, was not even the +STR to damages too if i remember well..^^)... so, i was like O_o on that EE point (like with many other 'details' like that lol)....

Sooo.. thx to your thread i know NOw that the +STR to the damage is definitively OK so ; great to know for sure now after well, almost 24 months or so now (if you include BG1EE) .. of course, that is apparently (once again) NOT totally corrected in the last versions yet so.. but at least can be corrected manually now (and beeing sure that is OK to do so now!).. great :)

PS;
    and thx to you too Maxxximus ; that confirms and simplifies the work for those (major) items at least : strength, courage and honor to you too (to have to manually do that even now so..for others too) ! ... ;)

PS2:
    if you are lucky, i may (later) do that (a zip too) for all the other thr.axes too now.. including the standard ones... and ALSO for BG1EE so, as i realize now that i will have anyway to correct that definitively for the last BG1EE th. axes too now (but at least now i know that's 'legit' to do so..and not totally a lost of time once again; hurray..^) ... */

PS3:
    lol.. i was too generous (with the uniformity/logic of the 'correcting team' work..)... i just checked the last BG1EE version (i dled a few weeks ago), with my last saves.. the th.axes THAC0 bug (+DEX+STR bonuses..) has NOT been removed, on the other hand the damages +STR is always ok (basically they did not think to try to fix it at that time then..hurray *) ) :p .. but for sure, the +STR to THAC0 totally unbalances my char with his -3 with dex AND -3 with STR to the THAC0, on top of the natural special th/axe+2 bonus (+2 unique in BG1EE.. but you have also very handy early and cheap +1 ones too there) lol... i will have to fix that manually from scratches too anyway.. thx to DLTCEP77j+ will be possible so^)
    Post edited by sunset00 on