Skip to content

Neera Not Appearing at Friendly Arm Inn

AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
After rejecting her initial offer to join me in Chapter 1 (Dialogue Choices after battle: 1: Give us money for helping you. 2. What is even better? 3. I'd prefer someone more predictable) she claims she will be at the friendly arm inn. I visit the Friendly Arm Inn in Chapter 3 to find she is nowhere to be found.

Current Behavior: Neera not at Friendly Arm Inn after rejecting her initial offer in Beregost to join my party.

Expected Behavior: Neera will be present at the Inn.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I have the opposite: there are 2 Neeras in Friendly Arm Inn.

Rejected Neera (via "I side with Edwin"), then went to Friendly Arm Inn, briefly removed Edwin to have Neera join and take her gem bag, then removed her to pick up Edwin again. Since chapter 2, there is one Neera standing near the barkeep and another Neera (in a slightly different outfit) in the middle of the room. The second Neera approached my party and started the dialogue to join. There is no reaction from Edwin about leaving if she joins this time. He protests if I try to pick up the barkeep-Neera, but not the middle-of-room-Neera. I haven't tested what happens if I let this one join, or if I can pick up both. On later visits, neither started a dialogue; they both just stand there.

Current Behavior: Both Neeras are at Friendly Arm Inn.

Expected Behavior: One Neera will stand near the barkeep.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @KidCarnival
    Yeah, the Neera clone has been brought up.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10233/neera-clone

It's one weird bug, as it's very inconsistant.

• gaerrentgaerrent Member Posts: 14
    I have the same experience of a disappearing Neera. I rejected her i Beregost in chapter 3 and the changed my mind and went to FAI to pick her up. But no neera in the inn. Too bad I lay with very few saves so I have no save to go back to before encountering her in Beregost.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Clones and non-obvious Neeras are to be expected considering she is a wild mage. I would talk to any rats, dogs or other creatures in the area to ensure she hadn't polymorphed at some point.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited February 2013
    I've isolated the Neera not appearing problem, reported it, and submitted a fix. Probably won't make it into this next update, but might make it into the following one.
    Post edited by Cerevant on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yes, this won't be in 2013, but the next one.
  • Lewsifer7Lewsifer7 Member Posts: 15
    I have bought neera in the store but she won't appear I played on the tutorial first saved with quicksave a couple of times and did a general sweep and practice run of the game , saved in options , hit quit game , started up again and saw her for sale bought her and it crashed , in store it sez installed but I can't see no neera , what shud I do?
  • kane3000kane3000 Member Posts: 1
    i did read that this bug is supposed to be fixed in 1.2, but i have v1.3 and it just occurred to me and my GF yesterday.
    we are playing an MP game, 2 characters and 4 NPCs. we got neera into our party and replaced her in nashkel with minsc. she said she'll go to the FAI. we later decided to ditch minsk and bring back neera, but she is nowhere to be found.

does anyone know a workaround? our last save with neera is pretty old and we don't want to go back that far. and while edwin is a better wizard, we prefer to have our group non-evil...