Skip to content

Option to change character circles around them

RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
Currently some characters have a red circle around them and in combat this makes it very hard to discern them from enemies, i remember BG EE had an option to change the color of the character circles but this is missing in BG2 EE

If it is possible could we have this option back into the gameplay options?

regards

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2013
    To customize the color of circle, change the character's major clothing color. This can be done through the inventory screen or the character record screen. To change it so the circles are all green like they were in the original games, go Options>Gameplay>Feedback and de-select Colored Markers.

I'm pretty sure all this is the same as it was in BG1:EE.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2013
    thanks, but i would also really like an option to change the colors of the circles.I like that each character has a different circle to differentiate them and i am fine with all the other colors, just not the red one which is similar to that of the enemies
    Can you not just change that one character's clothing color to something other than red?
    errr clothing color? you know how enemies you fight have a red circle around them to tell you they are an enemy? i don't play with an auto pause or generally pause when i cast spells so when a party member is also given a red circle in combat i assume it is an enemy and end up blasting to hell my own party member with targeted spells
    edited November 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

To customize the color of circle, change the character's major clothing color.

The color of the circle for each character corresponds to the major clothing color of that character. If the character's clothes are red then their circle is red. Change their clothing color to something else.
    oh i see.

thanks did not know that
  • SunekuManSunekuMan Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    TJ_Hooker said:

To customize the color of circle, change the character's major clothing color. This can be done through the inventory screen or the character record screen. To change it so the circles are all green like they were in the original games, go Options>Gameplay>Feedback and de-select Colored Markers.

I'm pretty sure all this is the same as it was in BG1:EE.

But I can only change the main color for my PC, not my companions...? The color option is greyed out

edit: ok, i can do it on the inventory screen. i was just looking at char records