Skip to content

What gloves do you put on your Monk/Rasaad?

2»

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Gauntlets of Crushing all the way. Those things are just amazing. Though having to side with a total moron to get them is less than appealing.

How do you get them?
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

Gauntlets of Crushing all the way. Those things are just amazing. Though having to side with a total moron to get them is less than appealing.

How do you get them?
    Sahuagin City, side with the King.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Let's be honest, the prince is a total moron too.
  • I never saw the appeal in trying to prop up the Sahaugin City; there's some song and dance about the Sahaugins serving as a check against the Illithids and Drow, but how much are they really doing in that city? It's not like the Drow are going to send a raiding party via an underwater city miles from land.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    jackjack said:

Shin said:

I usually change the monk fists to use dagger proficiency and edit monks to be able to attain grandmastery in daggers, to simulate them improving and mastering their hand-to-hand skills. The drawback is that this seems to shift their category so fist bonus items like the gauntlets of crushing won't affect them anymore. Still, there are plenty of other useful gloves.

Does this change the damage type to piercing or no?
    Nah, the damage type is set separately. It stays as crushing unless you edit that too.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    nano said:

This is usually why I kill them both. I mean, why rejuvenate a city of evil shark people who regularly raid coastal cities?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I like to cleanse the whole city.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Spectator for president!
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

nano said:

This is usually why I kill them both. I mean, why rejuvenate a city of evil shark people who regularly raid coastal cities?
    Actually, they regularly *PLAN* to raid. They're inept enough that they don't usually go through with any invasion plans, as shown from the scribe note in the treasury.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Another interesting thing I noticed, apparently the weapon you put off hand is also considered a fist for the purpose of THAC0 boost from Gauntlets of Crushing :)
  • kellclkellcl Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015

nano said:

How did you kill them both? I usually sided with the king for the nice monk gauntlet and tried to whack king after I got the reward but the prick simply walked off the screen taking damage and that was it. The king, prince, priestesses, every sahuagin are pricks anyway who deserved to be wiped off Faerun ;)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Don't talk to him after killing the Prince. Just attack him.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    lroumen said:

Don't you have to talk to him to be rewarded with the gauntlets? (I've never sided with him as I didn't know you had to do this to get the gauntlets).

There is some decent gloves in Rasaads quest line I think that have cold damage and +3 attack. Good for breaking through stoneskin.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Wowo said:

lroumen said:

Don't you have to talk to him to be rewarded with the gauntlets? (I've never sided with him as I didn't know you had to do this to get the gauntlets).

There is some decent gloves in Rasaads quest line I think that have cold damage and +3 attack. Good for breaking through stoneskin.
    He drops them upon death as well. You can get through Stoneskin with Rasaad's Flaming Fists as well.