Skip to content

Time contradictions

Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
Hello everyone!
I found some strange errors in IWD. Does anybody knows about these mistakes? And how did creators explain them (if they did)?
For example: Sometimes somebody mentions something about Luskan. But Luskan didn't exists in the time of IWD1.... Only Illusk, occupated by orcs...
Some books are dated 1368 DR, 1369DR, etc.. And one book tells us a story of Akar Kessell... And brave warriors, that defeated him... Mmmm.... But Drizzt doesn't even born in these years...

Comments

• LuremasterLuremaster Member Posts: 100
    edited February 2015
    I never noticed this, actually. I'll have to check it out since I'm in the middle of a playthrough right now. Another time discrepancy: I currently have over 2200 days logged in IWDEE and I am just about to fight Belhifet. I decided to not use any potions this time, so I rested a lot . . . and that means I spent over a year just in Lower Dorn's. I'm pretty sure the Revered Brother and his lieutenants wouldn't sit around for that long just doing nothing, waiting for a party of adventurers to kill them. I think Easthaven would have been conquered long before I reached the Severed Hand, actually :neutral:
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    @ Luremaster: They were busy clearing lower dorn's deep of an infestation of dragons with feet like rabbits.
  • LuremasterLuremaster Member Posts: 100
    @Grum: And teaching their grandmothers to suck eggs?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I believe they simply put the books from BG into the game and went with it.
  • hughcaldhughcald Member Posts: 9
    I don't pay attention to time unless the mission has a specific dead line; after all I'm retired.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    The issue with the books being out of sync with the game's timeline is something that's always been discussed - the original makers of IWD apparently just recycled many of the same books from the BGs, but overlooked the time discrepancies.