Skip to content

Neera's TOB quest : stuck (spoilers )

Hello, here's my problem :

After killing Vicross at her estate, I fought Szass Tam and brought him near death quickly. He then offered to send me back, but I refused, he killed me and I loaded my save. The second time, I brought him near death quickly again and he then sent me back in the clearing without giving me the choice. I don't know if that is a bug or not.

Now, my real issue is that nothing is happening since then, Neera didn't say anything and the quest is not done in the quest log. Have I missed something?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Neera should have had a conversation with you.
  • abuzorgabuzorg Member Posts: 13
    Well, that didn't happen. Any way to fix this?
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    The Szass Tam fight seems a little buggy and it might be affecting Neera's response. As I understand it, the proper procedure is: Fight him once, win, get offered a teleport out. If you decline, you have to defeat him again, and he just gets tired of you and force teleports you out. It seems he went straight for #2 in your case - happened to me once too.

(I absolutely love how it's totally out of the question that you could kill him BTW)

I'm guessing you don't have a save from before fighting him so it's time for @LiamEsler
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    And I'm going to summon @aVENGER and @Ardanis, as Neera is more their area than mine!
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited November 2013
    Szass teleports you without giving a choice if you manually attack him before undertaking the quest to kill Vicross. This condition appears to turn true if you attack him too fast in the estate - like during the first couple of seconds.

Do you have a save made before ringing the bell? It's not necessary, but would be helpful to save time on building a reproduction case.

PS The discussion can continue here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25851/neera-s-quest-tob-stuck#latest
  • Ki_LarahKi_Larah Member Posts: 1
    Ya-Hey! I found a solution! Do Rasaad's entire T.O.B questline FIRST, before doing Neera's. I have NO idea why it works, but it does. Neera's quest did nothing but glitch on me (dozens of times, no joke) the same way as the OP's when doing her quest first, but doing Rasaad's seems to fix it. Once I did his first, Neera's worked like a charm! Good luck!