Skip to content

Just finished Baldur's Gate 2 ( wall of text )

SanxisSanxis Member Posts: 12
Well I must say from the start it was a wonderful adventure . I've had so much fun finishing it . As a person who started playing rpgs with Morrowind in my younger days , I thought D&D video games were confusing or boring but I've realized how wrong I was back then .

Both SoA and ToB had excellent environments and gameplay . The only places I did not like were Irenicus Dungeon , Yaga Shura's lair and Wild Magic rooms in Watcher's Keep . I always play magic based characters in games but playing as mage is awesome in this game . This is what I always wanted , casting powerful spells while chanting , also time stop ! This is why Skyrim magic sucks . I've finished that game + dlcs with only spamming fireballs on expert. I prefer Morrowind over Skyshit . More freedom and casting failures and skills . You can just levitate and rain fire from sky or frost , lightning , poison . Whatever.

My party was good enough to defeat everyone until I got to Melissan . Here is the funny thing : I had ascension installed and was playing on hard difficulty since the beginning . So I was surprised at when I closed the first pool but almost had no injury on my party members , and the last 2 pools were no problem for me but when she resurrected five bhaalspawns that made me lol ( I've forgot to add , Irenicus and Bodhi were easy as pie , I laughed when the summoned golem one shotted Imoen in slayer form ) . On my first try I focused on Melissan more than bhaalspawns and made a huge mistake in the heat of the battle . Casted time stop , lol I knew she was immune to it but I forgot it that time so she killed Keldorn and Sarevok . I resurrected them later but they could not wear their armor . Anyway there was only 1 bhaalspawn left I think it was Illasera but she did not attack me so I ignored her , Minsc tanked Melissan for 20 minutes straight with healing potions ( before that + 5 min fighting bhaalspawns ) . She restored herself to full health 3 times , spammed divine shield , absolute immunity and the other spells every 5 sec so I used all of my spell strike wands . I was like wtf she is not dying then I saw the last bhaalspawn in the corner I thought she may be the reason why this witch is not dying . When I killed the bhaalspawn I understood finally . In case you are wondering I did not read any tactics about ascension . I've learned it by experience which is cool . I knew it made boss harder but still surprised me . After that I've defeated Melissan with armorless Keldorn :D . Of course I did not enjoy this so I've loaded game again before the last fight . Then It only took 5 min ( including time spent while paused ) to defeat all the bhaalspawns and Melissan without lowering difficulty from Hard . In the end I was happy but I got the evil ending because of the responses I gave to Solar in the past . I was chaotic good by the way . One last thing about ascension , dat Balthazar ( and his lunar stances ) ! I killed him for the xp in the city and he was kinda pain in the ass on the last fight ...

Anyway I want to start over again but this time solo powergaming . Neutral or evil pragmatist character. I'm thinking about playing conjurer or sorcerer . If I want to play kensai/mage or fighter/mage when should I dual or multi class and which one is stronger ? I love casting more than melee fighting in the end , this time I want to be the one who wears the robe of vecna instead of Edwin . What do you guys think about this ? I'm also going to play with quest mods this time .

One last thing , I love stealing but it is tiresome when I steal anything then the page goes up and I have to scroll everytime ( hey there 20x potion of healing , 15x +3 bullet ) . Is there any mod or way to make it stay on the current page after successfully stealing from merchants ?

Comments

• CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm still stuck in the Irenicus Dungeon currently because I like experiencing the game with another player (If I play by myself it makes me want to make another character just so I can experience every character.) So I have yet to experience what you have, but nevertheless, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Honestly, even though you're Power gaming, Sorc is possibly the utterly strongest class you can roll with. The game might get boring. Maybe you could spice it up a bit by going with the Dragon Disciple kit or do a Cleric/Mage to make things interesting.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Or go wild. Wild magi are always fun. Even if you explode and burn horribly or die from blunt trauma by a flying cow. :)

You are quite a skilled player, btw, beating ascension on hard is no slouch. Now install scs mod with its hardest parts and have fun! :)
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    wild mage/thief. can't recommend it enough for solo runs