Skip to content

So I read on the steam forums I must have wrecked my Game beyond repair by disarming some panels

So at first I assumed I missed an area and I had to kill another tryrant with a clay signet badge. I had six. Then I reread this walk through which claimed you needed 6 - there was not a seventh badge. Then I read on some forums that it was a bug that happens if you trap disarm the plates where you are to put the badges.

Of course I hit TAB after killing the bads in that room to highlight loot stores. And of course I disarmed the "traps' that were actually key stones.

SO I guess I can not finish the game?

Is there a patch I can apply for this?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    So is your game wrecked or not?
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Hi - I installed the patch - I loaded the game where I am stuck... the stairs still do not open... I carefullly wrote down all the key things on paper and read a walk through to make sure I had them all- so yes it seems the game bug is still there for this old save.

Do I have to reload the game to a time before I "disarmed" the traps?

I do not use cheat codes or edit the game so it seems like this is a dead end. I stopped playin like a month ago and I have yet to restart.

Can a big beamdawg captain remark on this or am I supposed to read the patch notes where it may say something to the effect the bug will still be there if I load an old pre-patch game... I can't be -rsed to read patch notes on a leisure pursuit...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Beowulf said:

Do I have to reload the game to a time before I "disarmed" the traps?

Yes. This fix is not retroactive.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Beowulf said:

I do not use cheat codes or edit the game so it seems like this is a dead end. I stopped playin like a month ago and I have yet to restart.

Don't you do it out of principle or because you don't know how? Because in this case I would really recommend it over a complete restart. Activating the console is really easy and so is deactivating it, which you should do immediately after repairing your game.