Skip to content

Baldur's gate fame

2»

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

For me, no, nothing will better them. I tried to get to grips with the more real time first person RPGs but I'm really not a gamer of any great skill and instead of finding them immersive I just find them frustrating.

lroumen said:

i only really like isomeric games and too many games go for first player view nowadays, so it's tough to trump bg1+2.

Agreed with these posts here - I never thought the 1st person/action format fit with RPGs, and that's one of the biggest reasons that I could never get into any so-called "RPGs" that came after BG/IWD.
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    It's funny how i never got into planescape.
    It's too story-driven for me and I hate the fact that you have to use a pre generated PC.

BG are really great because they have the right balance (for me at least) between gameplay and story.
    Fallout 1 and 2, released at the same time are also great. The gameplay is probably inferior to BG but the post-apocalyptic universe has always fascinated me.

Most newer games (starting from kotor) feature great NPC but they are awfully linear and their gameplay is just bland with everything being trivially easy from the first run).

I did really like a few of them however (like DAO)

Elder scrolls games (including the newer fallouts) cannot be compared to it IMO, the gameplay is just too different (but they are really great games)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.