Skip to content

Stuck with Duradel Anatha Voice? What do I do?

I am in lower dorn but everywhere I go I get this friggin Corpse that I have to slay. I kill him and he resurrects at the next level. I cant even sleep. Is there something I am supposed to do to get past this.

The biggest problem is that gamebanshee doesnt have this listed on their site. Otherwise I would be golden.

Comments

• DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Its located right when I begin Chapter 6. Right when the journal entry starts for chapter 6. I talk to this sentry who tells me If he cant sleep then I cant either.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    You have to solve a certain quest to make him rest. You can either finish the temple room or you can find out how the elven/dwarven conflict really started by talking to a certain NPC :)
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Alright I am completely stuck with the whole Chapter 6. Can someone message me and somehow give a reasonable way of what to do. I honestly have just read through 3 walkthroughs all of which give different ways to succeeding.

If anyone can do this I would be in your debt because well, I like this game....and because I restarted chapter 6 4 times already.
  • CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Here we go:

After talking the first time to Durdel go to Nym in the City of Deep Gnomes and ask him about the war between the elves and the dwarves and his connection to it.
    After that talk to Brother Harken in the Temple, he will tell you some weird stuff, but when Durdel talks to you next time, you get another dialogue option apart from "Again?".
    You can then redeem him from his fate and he will leave his bones. These you bring to Sister Calliana at the Temple of Kuldahar to receive a special kind of armor and finish the Quest. Mind you, the type of armor depends on the char who brings the bones. I think only the warrior version is decent (AC-3 and -25HP).

Solving this quest is also the only way to get Pale Justice in IWDEE

Hope that helps. Concerning Chapter 6 I would recommend you the fantastic IWD walkthrough by Haeravon on gamefaqs.
  • vonVincevonVince Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2014
    This confused me a lot - mostly because I had fairly recently completed this quest in the original release of Icewind Dale with the UB mod installed: it seems that with the Enhanced Edition you now must release Duradel Anatha BEFORE destroying the Idol; you need to uncover the true cause behind the conflict between dwarves and elves and speak with Harken at the Fallen Temple to get the dialogue option with Duradel Anatha BEFORE destroying the Idol - destroying the Idol will cause the Voice of Duradel Anatha to go down for good (which didn't happen in the original release with UB mod; he kept respawning even AFTER destroying the Idol).
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Cedeos said:

Here we go:

After talking the first time to Durdel go to Nym in the City of Deep Gnomes and ask him about the war between the elves and the dwarves and his connection to it.
    After that talk to Brother Harken in the Temple, he will tell you some weird stuff, but when Durdel talks to you next time, you get another dialogue option apart from "Again?".
    You can then redeem him from his fate and he will leave his bones. These you bring to Sister Calliana at the Temple of Kuldahar to receive a special kind of armor and finish the Quest. Mind you, the type of armor depends on the char who brings the bones. I think only the warrior version is decent (AC-3 and -25HP).

Solving this quest is also the only way to get Pale Justice in IWDEE

Hope that helps. Concerning Chapter 6 I would recommend you the fantastic IWD walkthrough by Haeravon on gamefaqs.
    It didn't really make sense to me that Pale Justice is only available after the quest is finished. Pale Justice should have been moved, or should have been part of the quest reward. Perhaps The Voice gives you his sword himself after you give him peace?

Put it this way - most gamers will only find that sword through metagaming now. I cleared Malavon out first, before finding Nym and freeing those priests. So there was no reason for me to head back towards Malavon's hideout unless I happened to know that the sword was there.

If you don't have prior knowledge of the game, 99% of people will miss that sword, and that would be a shame.

Look at other IE games and how they handle Holy Avengers. In BG2, you get Carsomyr for killing a mighty Red Dragon. In IWD2, you get Cera Sumat for killing 6 incredibly powerful evil undead (and there are plenty of hints in the game that point you in the right direction).

In IWD:EE, you get Pale Justice if you happen to be in the right place after finishing a particular Paladin related quest. It makes no sense.

• wettshoeswettshoes Member Posts: 1
    ***** SPOILER

playing IWD:ee and it seems I cant do the last step here. Calliana doesn't offer me a new dialog option to redeem the bones for armor. Any suggestions? did I miss a step?
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    ...... Ugh.

Could someone give me the console commands to get Pale Justice? I'm apparently not psychic enough to get this quest properly, and killed the idol without telling Durdel Anatha to die in the correct way. So now the sword won't open up, and I don't have a save far back enough to make a difference. Blergh.
  • kellclkellcl Member Posts: 24
    Alternatively you can just EE Keeper the sword into your inventory. That's what I did when I could not figure out the quest on my own the first time around.