Skip to content

Downloading on Android without wifi

I had to factory reset my phone and I'm having difficulty downloading. It's telling me that It can't download without wifi.

I'm on an unlimited data plan so I'm not worried about the data usage.. also having unlimited data plan I don't actually have any other source of internet except for tethering through the phone. Is there a workaround for this?

Comments

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Interesting. I also have unlimited (TMO) and it popped up a warning when I attempted to download, which allowed me to uncheck a box that indicated "Download Over WiFi Only." Have you checked your settings? Is it Playstore or Apple?
    Sorry. Obviously Playstore. I'm enjoying wine and didn't read the title of your thread. So you don't get that dialogue box?
    First thing to check is Settings->MobileData->GooglePlayStore. There should be a box about restructing background data to wifi only. I highly doubt this is the issue but at least make sure its unchecked.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Since I already own it I'm not getting the "install" option on the play store, but the "play" option. I know I downloaded it via my normal data usage originally but I definitely didn't see that option today.

Plan B might be to just pirate the APK.
    Have you checked your apps list in your settings to see if it shows up there? If so, I'd uninstall it and return to the play store. Could've been a bad installation.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Only option is "disable" on my play store. From there I can clear the data from the phone but when I go back to the play store the option is "play" since I already bought the game. As far as the app store is concerned what I "buy" from them is a small file that basically just does the download (and probably the install from there?).

It's not a bad install. I just wish there were a way to select to simply download it using my data instead of having to find wifi.