Skip to content

Are they ever going to change that OP enchantment breaking/invisble trackable AI?

I abandoned IWDEE for a long time because this OP AI, when ever a monster saw you, tons of monsters will start to chase you to the end of the world, no matter you are under invisible or something like that, unless you leave the area. And even more frustrating, if a enchantment spell, such as charm, is cast upon a monster that possessed this AI, the OP AI may break the charm effect immediately! It breaks a lot of tactics!

Now the game version is updated to 1.4. So I launch the game and want to give it a try, then GEE! It is still there! Are they ever going to change it or they just want it remains forever?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Enemies will follow invisible characters into other areas, too. It's really dumb.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Yup. However, one tactic that I did use before was having an invisible character enter an area, and then move away from the party. The harpies all flocked to the character. Certain death, right? Well, I then flooded the area with cloudkill and the like. Killed the harpies. Killed the party member, who got resurrected.

If the AI is going to abuse the system, then I'll do it too. Especially if it is a fight that I'm otherwise having trouble with.
  • EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
    joluv said:

Enemies will follow invisible characters into other areas, too. It's really dumb.

My bad, map, not area, you have to leave that map to get rid of them, and when you go back, they are already waiting in the first area you entered, and will start to chase you again immediately, they are hackers!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I think the current behaviour is better than the really stupid AI in BG, no?