Skip to content

eekeeper issues

IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
I'm using the gog version of the game, and 1.028 version of eekeeper.

I can get eekeeper to recognize where my game is installed, and it gives no errors loading resources.

but...

it refuses to recognize my save games.

I have pointed it to the correct directory, even tried manually opening a save file with it... nothing.

was there a format change at some point that makes eekeeper no longer work?

is there something I'm missing?

my savegames have names like: "BALDUR.SAV"

I'm thinking that is the wrong extension for eekeeper to recognize, but I haven't got a clue, and there are no instructions.

any advice?

Comments

• IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    nevermind; i just needed to move the savegame directory up a level. all fixed.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    Glad you fixed it...welcome to CheeseVille :P
    actually, I used to use infinity to write mods for the original IWD.

was trying to see if I can do the same with keeper for this new "enhanced" version, but i can't seem to get the game to recognize the changes I put in the override folder.

meh, I'll figure it out.

all figured out. there are a bunch of legacy spells cluttering up the database, and it took me a while to filter through them all to get the ones I wanted to edit.

I always hated how boring elemental summons were. basically just animations attached to a club.

so, I like giving them distinctive personalities, and a few relevant spells to cast.

for example, my summoned air elementals can cast wraithform and lightning bolt, have 2 attacks, high dex, but low strength, and immunity to electricity.

my water elementals are immune to cold, and can cast ice storm and resist fire/cold

my earth elementals can cast stoneskin, have high strength and hps.... etc.

of course, the pain is making it so that ALL elementals in the game can do these things, not just the ones I summon, and with the dozens of legacy elemental files, it takes hours.

but, it's worth it IMO. adds a lot more color to the second half of the game.