Skip to content

More Imported Flags (BGEE to BGIIEE)

GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
edited March 2015 in Feature Requests
Basically after a long playthrough of BGEE AND BGIIEE, i have just noticed that even though i did my romance in BGEE there was no mention of it later. Based on what i read here in the forums it seems that no romance flags are imported. It kinda kills the whole romance plot in BGEE since it isnt even imported and the way the romanced characters talk to you is... normal.

Will there be an update any soon where the romance flag from BGEE will be imported into BGIIEE? I mean, really it is quite sad Neera slept with someone else other than me, lol. I am guessing the dialogue for Neera and other romanced characters will have to be changed severely.

I dont mind the fact that we start with preset characters in BGIIEE because i actually think the preset characters should stay, those that played original BGII will know why. Some things should never be changed (this is the one).

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    As of the 1.3 release, those flags should be imported when you import your BG:EE character into BGII:EE.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    Dee said:

As of the 1.3 release, those flags should be imported when you import your BG:EE character into BGII:EE.

even Neera romance flag?
    Does her conversation with imported romance change?
    And please tell me that the starter characters havent changed...
    Correct. There is at least some accounting of your relationship in BG:EE when you import into BGII:EE. It might not be the very first conversation, necessarily, but you'll have one or two talks about your history.

And no, the starting roster in BGII:EE doesn't change.

However,, this new functionality does open the possibility for modders to carry characters forward, assuming they're willing to do the leg-work to make it happen.
    Dee said:

However,, this new functionality does open the possibility for modders to carry characters forward, assuming they're willing to do the leg-work to make it happen.

what do u mean?
    Dee said:

Correct. There is at least some accounting of your relationship in BG:EE when you import into BGII:EE. It might not be the very first conversation, necessarily, but you'll have one or two talks about your history.

And no, the starting roster in BGII:EE doesn't change.

1. I am guessing that "boyfriend" she had still exists is it?
    2. Thank god. Please dont change this. Those preset characters are what made BG2 tge way it was meant to be

GarrusN7 said:

Dee said:

what do u mean?
    There are some details at the top of page 7 in the patch notes for 1.3, which are linked from the first post in this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37811/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-1-3-release/p1

Generally speaking, you can set specific global variables to be detected by BGII:EE through VARIMPRT.2da, and then use those variables to set different behavior based on what the imported save brings with them.

For example, let's say I want to make a mod NPC that the player can meet in BG:EE, adventure with, and then recruit right at the start of Shadows of Amn if the player had them in their party. I would add "DeeNPCJoin" to BGII:EE's VARIMPRT.2da, and then in BG:EE I would set that variable based on that NPC's presence in the party (along with any other variables I wanted to bring over--romance, banter, quest status, choices I made in dialogue, etc.). Then, in BGII:EE, I would set a check in the script of the starting area for that variable: if that variable is set to 1 (or greater than 1, or greater than 0, depending on what I want to do with it), then I place that NPC in the area. If not, then I don't.

It's a change that, if modders choose to take advantage of it, will open up a lot of possibilities that weren't there before. For the base game, the feature has limited scope; but in the broader scheme of things, the potential is huge.
    ok. i understand.
    now since we began talking about mods and all that sort.
    Do you have any idea if there are any plans to restore the original Badass half-orc inventory screen (or whatever its called)