Skip to content

After taking the Lift and speaking with the Gnome... Cave entrance not there

The 3 Cave entrances do not appear. Where are they - do I have to trigger them by doing quests above/killing someone?

There are deep gnomes in the area you get to by taking the lift down. I think they tell you to get food or they are sick/slaves. Later you are attacked by some huge beetle and Umber Hulks. Then there is supposed to be a place with 3 entrances/cave openings so you can go to the area with the Drow merchant. (the one who was the war profiteer)

I spoke with the gnomes, killed the hulks and reveled all the area. however the doors are not there. I tried checking for doors/traps. How do I make them materialize?

Comments

• by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    SPOILER ALERT:

There is an area in the Northwest corner of the map. It is a cul-de-sac. When you enter it, a bunch of Umber Hulks will burst through three tunnels on the north wall. Kill all of them, then you can take any of the tunnels in that north wall to get to the Svirfneblin village.

It was hard for me to find the opening into the cul-de-sac. You must search dilligently, and then be ready for a hard fight.

Good luck.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Beowulf I had the same issue. I wasn't able to trigger the ambush until after I completed the food quest for the gnomes. I don't remember needing to do this in vanilla IWD though so it might be a EE thing.
  • IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    yup. Tarnelm doesn't trust you until you bring him some food (potatoes from palace kitchen). THEN he tells you about the secret entrance and that you will have to wipe out a group of umber hulks.

it's not the hulks that are already spawned down in the bit with the giant beetles.

these spawn along the northern part of the wall, eastward from where tarnhelm is.