Skip to content

Chapter 6 - return to Candlekeep

FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
I wasn't expecting to be transported to Candlekeep instantly after talking to the Duke following the Shootout at the Iron Throne Corral. I have a bunch of items stashed in barrels in Beregost. I was planning on going back and consolidating my stuff. I wanted to sort through all my scrolls and potions, selling the least useful and keeping the rest. Since I needed a special book to get back into Candlekeep in the first place, am I correct in assuming that if I leave now, I won't be able to get back in again? Or does the "bookpass" stay good indefinitely?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited March 2015
    As you may have discovered already, you cannot leave Candlekeep via the front gate in Chapter 6. Also don't store anything in Candlekeep for the future either. Reasons are spoilery.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Yeah, I tried getting out and the gate is locked. And yes, I assumed that storage would be impractical at this point.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    FrdNwsm said:

Yeah, I tried getting out and the gate is locked. And yes, I assumed that storage would be impractical at this point.

The return to Candlekeep portion is about the only part that's really linear in the game. Really you probably didn't want to pack rat along too much stuff since you'll be picking up plenty of new loot on your way through. You'll be back to the world map soon enough and it's probably impossible that you will have left anything behind that'll make Candlekeep impossible.

Do be sure to search everything thoroughly. There are some very nice goodies there. Not too spoilery but you'll notice your "rare book" that opened the gate isn't in your inventory now so make what you will of that.