Skip to content

berserk?

IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
ok, so I played around with Young Rage, the axe that causes berserk on hit occasionally (was thinking of creating a run with a cursed barbarian).

used it against my own party member to see what the berserk state would be like.

...ok, so I see the notification I'm now berserk. Icon for berserk appears under conditions list....

but nothing happens.

my character doesn't gain or lose anything, is still entirely controllable, can cast spells like normal, pick targets, etc.

hmm.

made sure I wasn't wearing any gear that would make me immune to berserk.

so... is it broken? maybe it only works in real combat, not when you're whacking on your own party members out of combat?

Comments

• IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    ...to compare, I cast "blood rage" on the same character (who is using the axe) outside of combat, and that character does indeed go berserk and start attacking my party members, is uncontrollable, and cannot cast spells.

so, looks to me like the "berserk" ability on the two axes that have them (Young Rage and Foe's Fate) is broken.

anyone have any experiences with these items in game can speak differently? Otherwise, I'll add this to the bug list.

edit:

turns out unlike blood rage, this berserk does indeed only affect your characters in combat with real enemies.

seems to be working there, though I still find it odd it doesn't behave like the blood rage spell does.