Skip to content

Aerie and Jaheira *MINOR SPOILERS*

Hey guys,

Just posting for some discussion on these two: Aerie and Jaheira.

Currently, my party is Minsc, Valygar, Yoshimo, Jaheira, and Aerie. Now, as most may know, Aerie's presence has been a constant whine and, after about fifth of sixth time, Jaheira keeps chiming in and telling her to shut up. Thought it would sort itself out but now Aerie's not pulling any punches by throwing Jaheira's dead husband into the arguments and it's quickly becoming a scene straight out of some iteration of "Real Housewives of [insert ciry]". Well, it just recently blew up and I had to reload my game because I accidentally made Aerie leave with one of my responses since I'm trying to romance Jaheira (what can I say? It's the ears and accent. ;) ).

Do these two ever get along or is it just toxic to keep them in the same group?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    IIRC, things do settle down eventually, once you tell Aerie that you like her, but... The main problem with those two is that they're both competing for your affections. Once it's clear you've made your decision, they'll accept their situations. At least that's how I recall things turning out, it has been awhile though.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I also have Aerie and Jaheira in my party, except I didn't mind Aerie's 'whining' so much, and picked her over Jaheira.

Anyways, after the big spat where you are forced to choose between them, there should be no further arguments between them, and Aerie should stop 'whining', as she realises Charname doesn't care or have the patience to listen.
  • lothos1103lothos1103 Member Posts: 20
    Yeah, I didn't mind it the first four times...after that though, I was thinking, "Okay lady...I get it..." And there's no need for the quotes on whining...that's pretty much literal in her regards. lol :P

I guess she gets over it quickly enough though since Haer'Dalis swoops in to save the day with his witty charm. Such a lady killer. ;)
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2013
    It's the only time Aerie is ever really nasty in the game, saying those things about Khalid. It's shocking, because it is very strange and out of character, but she's obviously in a bit of a rut at that point. Jaheira hurts her, so she tries to hurt her back, and Khalid really seems like Jae's only vulnerability.

Aerie's 'whining' only happens if you keep encouraging her to talk about about things; it's all part of her romance. If you don't want it, just tell her you're not interested and she stops. And once you've chosen one over the other, it'll stop as well. They'll never come to blows. If you look at Aerie's banters with Jaheira when they're not competing, it's obvious Aerie really does admire and look up to her (at least her hair), so there's no reason why they wouldn't get on eventually.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2013

Yeah, I didn't mind it the first four times...after that though, I was thinking, "Okay lady...I get it..." And there's no need for the quotes on whining...that's pretty much literal in her regards. lol :P

No; literal whining doesn't have to be encouraged. :P If you want to see what whining really is, go back and recruit Skie in the first game.

I guess she gets over it quickly enough though since Haer'Dalis swoops in to save the day with his witty charm. Such a lady killer. ;)

Haer'Dalis keeps her distracted with all the acting stuff. Also, although she's willing to give it a go after he surprises her by declaring his love, I suspect she never completely trusts him enough to fully confide in. After all:

She does dump him after a while.

Post edited by Coutelier on
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Either that you're trying to romance Jaheira or Aerie, at some point (if you were nice to all two) they'll come to a break point, there's an option that allows you to tell them to stop arguing and you'll be able to keep Jaheira and Aerie too, the other answers let one of them to leave permanently.
    After that point you can continue with the romance you're on, just be sure to give a stop to the other one.
  • dj6193dj6193 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Okay the auto save screwed me and now aerie said she had to go somewhere after i was neutral about all of our friendships which i'm VERY pissed about, is there ANY way to get her back?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @dj6193 Can you be a bit more specific about your problem? Have you tried looking for her in the circus?
  • BejogoBejogo Member Posts: 38
    Every romance conflict forces a decision at some point. By this I mean if you have two or more valid love interests in the same party, and continue to encourage their affections, then at some point they will force you to choose. If you let Aerie down gently, as Jaheira suggests, then she is crestfallen but stays with the group.

If you want to avoid the conflict altogether, you can use the console to change the Aerie romance behind the scenes.

STEP 1: Enable the console. Instructions can be found here, though I recommend backing up your game files before editing the .ini file.

STEP 2: When playing the game, press CTRL and the spacebar together to bring up the console.

STEP 3: Copy the following code into the field that comes up:

For the enhanced edition:
    C:SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","Global",3)

For other versions:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","Global",3)

Setting the RomanceActive variable to 3 tells the game that the romance is inactive, and Aerie's romance will no longer interfere with Jaheira's.

You shouldn't need to do this, however, as it's possible to keep her in the party anyway with no ill effects. At least in theory; I'm not sure what the issue with your autosave is. She only leaves due to the romance if you choose the wrong dialogue, so it must be something else that is causing her to leave the party. Could you be more specific?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I did find it "necessary" to change the romance settings that time when I wanted Viconia to fall for my Dwarf protagonist. :naughty: