Skip to content

This Seems Weird

Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
I've been playing the Android version of this on my Xperia Tablet Z without many issues except for the occasional crash here and there or a little slow down when a lot of gas is on the screen from a spell (and it's not too unbearable, although SBDs, in general, are pretty objectionable).

So this past week, I decided to purchase an LTE tablet and decided on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet S 10.5. Having wasted my money on the original Galaxy Tab 10.5, I swore off Samsung for a while feeling pretty disappointed with it in terms of updates, versatility, and performance.

These experiences have led me away from brand loyalty and toward self loyalty, carefully researching devices in spite of brands and choosing what's best for me. But I have to give credit where credit is due and admit that I am thoroughly impressed with the Tab S so far. The first thing that jumped out at me after reinstalling BG is just how much richer the colors are, making my Xperia seem muted by comparison. It's almost like a totally different game.

And in some respects it is... I fired up my first playthrough today, electing to be a wild mage because I was in the mood for a comical minimal reload game. As I start my quest, something abnormal becomes slowly more and more apparent. A glitch? A bug? Something doesn't get along with Sammy? I can't be too sure, but it's admittedly pretty hilarious and totally appropriate for this playthrough.

The issue is this: Every single time my party vanquishes an enemy, no matter how powerful or pathetic, they react as if I am doing a good deed and earning reputation (but no, my reputation doesn't actually rise). My evil NPCS grow disgusted with our zeal for slaying monsters and my good NPCS praise me for it, reminding me how proud Gorion would be of me for dispatching a diseased gibberling. This is, by far, one of the more entertaining runs and I never encountered this issue on the Xperia.

Comments

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Slight correction: it's not *every* enemy, but only the first enemy on every screen, regardless of whether I've traveled there. I've attached screenshots, both in Coast Way. One is after a gibberling encounter and the other a kobold encounter. Sorry about picture quality. I haven't learned yet how to snapshot my new tablet (old one was power+down volume but that method doesn't seem to work now) and resorted to using my phone's camera to take a pic of my tablet's screen.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2015

...and resorted to using my phone's camera to take a pic of my tablet's screen.

This like... a meta-screenshot or something.
    I know... It's ridiculous and philosophically problematic, bringing to our attention all sorts of paradoxes regarding timelessness, temporality, and omnipotence. But it's not as ridiculous as this thought:

Imagine how difficult it was for the gods before cellphones. Zeus was probably like, "Hey guys, check out this charcoal sketchshot I made of Theseus fighting the Minotaur. I think this scarlet thread is a glitch." And Poseidon burst out with, "Ariadne bro, Ariadne..." while Hades was smdh in shame. Zeus replied defensively, "I know. I'm just saying... I think it should be more like crimson. That's all."
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    When you get XP, your companions will comment, from time to time, on your reputation. At least, that's how it should work.

If they comment EVERY time, I guess it's a bug in the Android version of the game.
    I don't remember ever seeing that except coincidentally when a quest was completed. Regardless, I have a *lot* of hours on the Xperia across 20 different characters and this (above) *never* happened. It occurs with every first kill on every area map (new or visited).
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    Something like that happened to me on the PC version. Before getting to the Friendly Arm Inn, Imoen and I killed a couple wolves and every time I killed one she would say, "Mutton mongering riffraff". My rep did not go down however. I assume it's a glitch.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah. It stopped, which disappointed me, and coincidentally after FAI. I loved hearing Xzar complain about us making him sick when we killed enemies. I was thinking, "I'm sorry for mercy killing the gibberling? I guess next time we'll just let it suffer."
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

I guess next time we'll just let it suffer."

He'd probably love that.