Skip to content

Blood Rune

kingiuskingius Member Posts: 6
edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
Anyone remember the old SSI AD&D games? There's a game similar to them on kickstarter which looks quite interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/552978902/blood-rune-party-based-rpg-adventure

It describes itself as 'A heroic old school computer roleplaying game combining a first person dungeon crawler with turn based third person tactical battles.' It's wilderness engine is also in third person, making it quite similar to the Baldurs Gate games we know and love, at least in that respect.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    First person? Dear gods no!
  • kingiuskingius Member Posts: 6
    I remember getting lost in those old games and having to make maps. Sometimes I figured out where a secret door or illusionary wall was lol
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    "There are five spell casting classes and all of which are available from the start, including the Necromancer."

Well.
    I'm sold.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I can't do the first person, looking down hallway Wizardry thing. It does show a 3-D overlay, so I suppose it might be something that stays included. Anyway, there isn't enough information for me to support this. It's just (to me) 'I'd like to make this game, here are some details about the interface', rather than, 'here's my vision for this game. This is what I have, now, and here's where I'm going with this.' It needs a lot of maturation, in my opinion, though I wish the Dev success!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    While the concept seems sound enough, I think the founder needs to work on their sales pitch some. Towards the end he (she?) almost sounds like they are begging for an excuse to quit their job, instead of focusing on getting investors invested in the game prospects. They need a publicist.

Not saying it won't get backing, nor that it won't be worth playing. I am just saying that a little more polish on the sales pitch might lead to the funds to put polish on the game itself.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

While the concept seems sound enough, I think the founder needs to work on their sales pitch some. Towards the end he (she?) almost sounds like they are begging for an excuse to quit their job, instead of focusing on getting investors invested in the game prospects. They need a publicist.

Not saying it won't get backing, nor that it won't be worth playing. I am just saying that a little more polish on the sales pitch might lead to the funds to put polish on the game itself.

Yeah, I agree. The project looks like it could be super special awesome; however, the actual content shown seems to be lacking in presentation. I'll probably put in a small amount of money now and maybe put more in later if it looks like it's going somewhere.