Skip to content

French version with french audio?

Hello!

Will there be a BGEE with french audio? I want to use it to learn french.

Or does someone have a link to an french version of BG with audio?

ty!

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    If you already have BGEE or if you plan to buy it, you can download a French audio pack there. It will only restore the voices of the original game, off course, the new characters introduced by BGEE will still speak English.
    Instructions are in French, so you can start learning immediately. ;-) Post a message there if you need help.

Alternatively, you can buy Baldur's Gate (the original version) on Good Old Games. You can choose French when you download the game. I assume it includes French voices as several people mentioned it was available in French without warning about the voices.
  • ErdbeerbutterErdbeerbutter Member Posts: 3
    Does this mean only the voice files of the NPCs that can join "your" party or all NPC voices, except the new ones, that are in the game?
    All voices from the original game, for joinable and non joinable NPCs, are included in the archive linked in the message. Three sets for the main character are also included.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Do either of you know if there was a Japanese audio localization of the game, even if only the original?
    I don't know about the original game.
    As far as I know, german is the only language that has a full localization of BGEE.