Skip to content

Shortbow of Gensen Damage

i recently decided to try my swashbuckler with the shortbow of gensen and when i equipped it i noticed it was doing 0d6 +2 damage, is this right or is this a bug? how can a weapon do 0d6 damage do i need to equip arrows with it i am currently using it with no ammo equipped.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The Shortbow of Gesen deals electricity damage (as mentioned in the item's description), which isn't represented in that value on the screen. It doesn't need ammunition in order to deal that extra damage.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    0d6+2 is a funny way to write 2, but it's correct. Without ammunition, the bow does 2 piercing damage and 1d8 electrical damage. If you equip arrows, their damage will be added on top of that.
  • mrb101mrb101 Member Posts: 66
    ok so i need to equip ammo thanks
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Actually, you can fire it without ammo, which is handy later in ToB when you need better arrows than +2.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    To add to what @DreadKhan is saying: the Shortbow of Gesen is a +4 weapon, but like all other "launchers" in the game, that enchantment doesn't transfer to the ammunition you use with it. The Shortbow of Gesen is special in that its built-in ammunition (the electricity arrows that are fired when no ammo is equipped) does get the enchantment, making it situationally more useful when used without arrows than with them.
    so if i am fighting mobs that need high enchantment to hit don't use ammo otherwise use ammo?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mrb101 said:

so if i am fighting mobs that need high enchantment to hit don't use ammo otherwise use ammo?

Yep
    ok thanks