Skip to content

Script for ranged weapon

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
Hi, I am looking for a script for BG2EE for ranged weapons! My archer wants to act like a loose cannon: (shoot once at an enemy) and then (shoot once at the next enemy) and then (shoot once at the third enemy), etc, and then go back to (shoot enemy 1 once), then back to (enemy 2 and shoot once), and continue thus rotating throughout the enemies. The ranged weapon does not have to "score a hit", but that would be nice, if possible, before proceeding to the next enemy. Whatever is possible to script.

I'm not a programmer so I'm asking for the code! Thank-you kindly!
Post edited by James_M on

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Frankly, I don't think that can be done. The AI generally sticks with a single target until it's killed off, then it moves on the next. I can't think of any command that would tell it to switch targets after just a single hit.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Just pause each round and assess where you want the archer to shoot when it pauses. It's clunky, but I think it forces me to play smarter than I used to :blush:
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    OK, I can manage pause/assess/fire every now and then. Thanks.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I actually play smarter with it pausing. It's requiring a lot more micro-management of the characters, but the effects are better. Also helps me notice if monsters are immune to damage (I only bring out Imoen's enchanted arrows for special enemies), and the like.