Skip to content

Import/Export characters at load screen

In the original game, I could chop and change characters at the load screen, for example, I created a party, while playing I noticed I had screwed up on my mage, but it was early in the game, so I pregenerated a new mage and tried to swap the old mage out and import the newly created one, only to find that it doesn't appear to be allowed in this version?

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's been removed from the EE, not too sure of the reasons - I think it was breaking the game somehow though.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    OK thanks Decado :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The original game treated the entire experience as though it were Multiplayer; all of the features that allowed you to change your party on the fly existed there because they exist in multiplayer.

With the Enhanced Edition you can still get that experience by starting your game in multiplayer. As a single player game, those features don't exist.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You can also just move your save file into the multiplayer save file folder and then load it as a multiplayer game if you want to make any changes to your group (and then move it back to the single player save folder when you are done).
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Belated thanks for the replies Dee and Elminster, I was on holidays :)