Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth shouldn't display their name without being identified

ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
edited May 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
1. Start a new game.
2. Go to the area south of Beregost.
3. Find Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth.

Observed
Without being identified (blue tint over the item) Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth already display their specific name.

Expected
Unidentified items should list their general item type name.
Post edited by ATigersClaw on

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    This was done intentionally so players can tell they have found the boots for Zhurlong's quest. Now the name distinguishes the boots from ordinary loot and it helps you realize that this is a quest item.
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited May 2015
    @Hurricane: I see what you're saying but this doesn't make too much sense to me.
    Why shouldn't people have to identify the boots regularly as they do with all other magical items and then see that the boots obviously belong to Zhurlong as the name states the ownership?
    That's what identification is for imho.

Anyways, I didn't want to start a discussion. This is just my opinion.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's the same reason that Perdue's Sword doesn't require identification. You know generally where the boots will be found.

If there's a bug here, I'd say it's that when you do identify them suddenly Zhurlong's name isn't mentioned at all.
    edited May 2015
    @Dee: Ok, especially on Perdue's short sword it makes sense because you can easily confuse it with a normal short sword but on Zhurlong's boots?
    Why would an item be half way identified? Either the boots are identified or they aren't. So far the name is identified but the attributes aren't. Seems odd to me.

Notes
    The screenshot is from the german version but the error occurs in the english version as well (tested).
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Maybe Zhurlong had his name stitched into the boots.
    edited May 2015
    @procco: Great answer. This would solve it all.