Skip to content

Class Special Banters

So, in the old game, paladins, druids and bards sometimes get special banters (and some races also if i'm not wrong) and some of those even give nice quest rewards.

the water nymph in the begin when a bard sing to comunicate with her, the priest mytos (undead priest of Myrkhul) when a paladin express his beliefs related to the class against undead (you get the bonus twice if you try to reason with the priest after that)

So, now... will blackguard, sorcerer, barbarian (this one should, specially in the expansion), and maybe other classes get (or already got) special xp banters?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Blackguard - yes
    Sorcerer - no
    Barbarian - yes (though just one)

Priest of Tempus also gets some unique dialogue.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Will more be made?
    Forgot to give the call @elminster
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I don't think we're expecting any future dialogue changes, at least outside of mods or corrections.
    Hudzy said:

I don't think we're expecting any future dialogue changes, at least outside of mods or corrections.

@Hudzy, Based on...? If they already did a bit... why not anymore?
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Well the new dialogue that was added was added for release. If there was more, I think it would have been included at release or 1.4. I'd love more too, but I can't imagine it's any kind of priority at this point.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    What is the blackguard dialogue?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited May 2015
    Grum said:

When Vexing Thoughts tries to tempt a blackguard into its service, s/he can reply, "My soul is already spoken for. Find yourself another slave."
    Jalily said:

Grum said:

When Vexing Thoughts tries to tempt a blackguard into its service, s/he can reply, "My soul is already spoken for. Find yourself another slave."
    Awesome. Thank you!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The new class-specific dialogue is lightly sprinkled; we did our best not to be heavy-handed with the new content. Assassins have some new conversation choices, one of which leads to an additional quest reward.

I think my favorite new dialogue is the half-orc, though; that was a lot of fun to write.
    Dee said:

The new class-specific dialogue is lightly sprinkled; we did our best not to be heavy-handed with the new content. Assassins have some new conversation choices, one of which leads to an additional quest reward.

I think my favorite new dialogue is the half-orc, though; that was a lot of fun to write.

Where is the assassin one? I'd hate to miss it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Grum said:

Dee said:

Where is the assassin one? I'd hate to miss it.
    The reward one?
    Kresselack.
    edited May 2015
    Dee said:

The new class-specific dialogue is lightly sprinkled; we did our best not to be heavy-handed with the new content...

Well, be free to write new content, i believe i speak for many when i say i don't mind more special banters, specially if they raise replayability to pick different classes and kits (edit: and races) to get specific content.

By the way, in the Hand, does dwarven race had specific banters in the past there?