Skip to content

Why I keep coming back

Hey all, long time since I've made a post here.
I've recently started up another playthrough of BG:EE. I've come to realize that the reason I keep coming back to this game is because every playthrough always brings something new to the table. Every time I play Ileanr something new, or find something I didn't see before, or experience a quest in a different way than last time.
This time, I rolled a Human Barbarian. His name is Balio, and he's a big lovable guy that loves adventure. He takes every opportunity he can to go out on an adventure, and it's what he's dreamed of his whole life. It also distracts him from thoughts of the death of Gorion. He's not the smartest guy around, with only a score of 10 in both Intelligence an Wisdom, but it's enough to get him by, and his lovable personality and charming looks make up for it, earning him a Charisma score of 18.
That's something I've hardly done before. I think the highest Charisma one of my character's has had is maybe 14, and with this max level Charisma I'm seeing such different reactions from people. I'm getting extra rewards from quests and people even speak differently to Balio than thy have any of my past characters.
Like I said, it's different every time I play, and that's what I think makes Baldur's Gate a truly amazing experience.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That sounds like a fun character. Who's the rest of your party?