Skip to content

[Win][Steam] Finishing Nashkel mine shouldn't create the same journal entry twice

ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
edited May 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
1. Start a new game.
2. Play the main story until you finish Nashkel mine.

Observed
Two journal entries with the same text display after finishing Nashkel mine.

Expected
Only one journal entry should display after finishing Nashkel mine (or two entries but with different texts).

Notes
- The screenshot is from the german version but the bug occurs in the english version as well (tested).
Post edited by ATigersClaw on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

1. Start a new game.
    2. Play the main story until you finish Nashkel mine.

For future reference this needs better repo steps. For instance what did you say (the text numbers in order) to Mulahey? How did you leave the mines? etc. It needs to be step by step instructions that will lead us to getting that same issue again.

Also from what I can tell that extra journal entry is removed when you talk to Ghastkill. So this doesn't seem like that big of an issue to me.
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited June 2015
    @elminster: It doesn't matter which option you choose, the bug occurs anyways, otherwise I'd have written so.

But for you my friend I've just replayed the scene just now:

- Mulahey's initial dialog: option 2
    - Mulahey's surrender dialog: option 1

After sparing his life, Mulahey still attacked me, so I killed him. I then picked up the letters, the next chapter started and I finally left the mines through the collapsing mine exit. The redundant journal entries appeared before leaving the mines though.
    Post edited by ATigersClaw on