Skip to content

[16047] Casting Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on the Grand Dukes should not cause hostility

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
1) Load attached save
2) Move party into the coronation area
3) After the dopplegangers transform cast Resilient Sphere on Belt
4) Kill the dopplegangers

Observed:

Notice that after the spell wears off Belt has a neutral (light blue) colour beneath him but you still get hit by the SAREVOK_STRIKE auto-kill spell.

Expected:

Casting this spell on either of the grand dukes should not cause hostility.

Additional Notes:

Unfortunately this seems to be one of those things that stems from how this encounter is handled in the original game (the use of auto-kill) and the fact that Otiluke's Resilient Sphere has a "hostile" flag active.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Why not simply turning the hostile flag of the spell off? The "AttackedBy" trigger is triggered only if the spell was flagged as hostile, or if a damage opcode (12) was applied. As far as I see, Otiluke doesn't have any damage opcode.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited April 2015
    That would be a lot simpler. I just assumed that the reason it was kept on was that it stops a character from doing anything except moving around (a character might not be too fond of this). But changing it so that it no longer has the hostile flag would save a lot of time and that works too for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2015
    Ehh, blindness, colour spray, maze, feeblemind, and various other spells that restrict an npc are given the hostile flag. So I can see why it has it. That said the fact that it has a white icon is probably by itself the best argument against it being labelled a hostile spell. I can't think of another example of a spell that you cast at a target, works on neutral targets, is labelled 'disabling', and has a white icon. The closest I could think of would be Dispel Magic and it does not have the hostile flag (Glitterdust technically does but it doesn't work on neutral targets).
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    The problem I can see with your code is that casting a single Otiluke's sphere at anyone will be enough to protect you from SAREVOK_STRIKE if you attack Belt afterwards.

I agree with the others, the easiest and more logical would be to remove the hostile flag.
    Anomaly said:

The problem I can see with your code is that casting a single Otiluke's sphere at anyone will be enough to protect you from SAREVOK_STRIKE if you attack Belt afterwards.

Ehh who cares. I never liked that guy anyways :p