Skip to content

question about savegames in BG2EE

So i recently got the EE version of both Baldur's Gates, however there is a question i wish to ask before i do anything else. I have some unfinished save games on my original BG2 and im wondering can they be transferred as is to the EE version without any problems? My original BG2 was pretty much mod free, therefore the saved games are too, im just wondering that do the bug fixes and the new content that EE version introduces have any possibility to cause issues with original BG2 savegames? Or can i just transfer them and go?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Saves from the original games are not compatible.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DeittiDeitti Member Posts: 2
    I see, thanks for the answer. Another question i came up with while testing some stuff, so i might aswell use this topic again. When i started a new game with a berserker, i noticed that he had somehow gained full HP from every level up that you gain. I found this weird since i had core rules set as the difficulty so the max HP always effect should not be active and i specifically remember original BG2 rolling the HP on new game. After further tests with EEkeeper, i noticed the character was even gaining full HP on levelups when i raised his XP and this was after i had put the difficulty slider on insane. Am i missing something here atm?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Right now, in a decision that's... controversial, to say the least, the EEs are giving map hp to everyone, regardless of difficulty. Fortunately this can be turned off by editing the baldur.ini file in your document/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder (or the BG2 equivalent). There should be a line that looks like this:

'Game Options', 'Maximum HP', '1',

Change that 1 to a 0, and the game should roll hit points normally.
    JuliusBorisov