Skip to content

In Suldanessalar (spoilers, of course)

I've long known you could take a different path to the palace of the Tree, but there seems to be no way to open that door without doing all the normal Suldanessalar city stuff! Did EE finally fix this. Not my first EE playthrough, but my first evil EE2 playthrough.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I believe some sort of adherence to the story quests is required in order to proceed. Maybe it could help to think about interpretations of events in a way that works with your evil RP. Trying to circumvent game events usually leads to trouble somewhere down the line.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think you can back door that palace, there looks to be a back path that leads to it, although I don't remember
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    @sarevok57 the back path i know, but the door of the palace remains locked, I wanted to know if EE had fixed that.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    If I remember correctly, Irenicus sealed the Palace entrance. And as doors often tend to be an unpassable obstacle to a child of Bhaal you need Rilifane to unlock them (he does speak about these gates at some point)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Gotta love video games. You can slay dragons with a dagger, stop time itself, call down meteors from the sky, and summon the legions of heaven and hell to do your bidding, but one locked door and you're powerless.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Jarrakul - to be fair, it's not just an ordinary locked door. You're specifically told that Irenicus has sealed it with strong magics, and his magic is (at least) as powerful as our own.

@Arcalian - AFAIK, EE hasn't changed the way Suldanessellar works. Only the avatar of Rillifane can break the seals on the palace door, so you must follow the key elements of the plot-line to proceed, regardless of your protagonist's alignment. Nevertheless, your other actions in the city can be Evil, if that suits your protagonist.