Skip to content

Cloakwood Mines one's more

I want to pick up this thread: [url] http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10853/bug-flooding-not-flooding-the-cloakwood-mines [/url]
Because I made the same experince, I flooded the mine after the conquest, and this slave outside the mine thanked me for saving him and his comrads. But and of all the NPC's it is Jaheira who is annoyed about the flooding of the mine. Jaheira, who allways talks deprecatingly about the mine and everything which alters nature.
What should I do instead? Did I missed something?

Thank you

/chris

Comments

• PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    What's your party's reputation? Jaheira is neutral and so will complain if the reputation bonus you get for flooding the mine puts your reputation up to 19 or 20.
    Jarrakul
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    My guess is Pingwin has it. NPCs (especially in BG1) will mostly only react to reputation changes, not to the actual act in question. If your reputation is high, Jaheira will disapprove of it increasing, even if her character would clearly approve of the thing you actually did.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    Pingwin said:

What's your party's reputation? Jaheira is neutral and so will complain if the reputation bonus you get for flooding the mine puts your reputation up to 19 or 20.

Its probably worth noting that this is not how it works in BGEE. Neutral characters like a high reputation.
    Post edited by elminster on
    JarrakulFiendish_WarriorJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    ... huh. So they do. I did not realize that. Thanks for the info.