Skip to content

Any fantasy novels like this?

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hello! So I've been reading the Warcraft book Tides of War and there's this absolutely adorable pink haired gnome mage girl of whom is the woman of my dreams named Kinndy Sparkshine.

Does anyone know of a fantasy novel/series that features a gnome/halfling protagonist that is adorably derp and preferably female? Like the whimsically inclined sort that has low wisdom but high int/cha.

Basically like Alora.

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I don't know if it would 100% fit the bill, but if you read the original Dragonlance series, one of the main characters is a (male) Kender named Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Kender are The Dragonlance universe answer to halflings and Tas is this carefree spirit who is not encumbered by such things as morality or the deeper meaning of life.

Another one for you that may (not) be what you are looking for. There is a Forgotten realms book series surrounding the character of Erevis Cale. One of his companions is a halfling (again male) named Jak Fleet who is a cleric/thief with just a tad of Harper Agent to add to the mix. Again, this is not the primary charcter of the story but it was well written (ish) and I found the character quite endearing.

Along the same lines is the spellfire series about a young precocious (human) female wildmage who is more dash and bravado than wisdom.

Sorry if none of them are quite what you asked for, but they should hit around the mark.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Poor Tas doesn't get to be *the* main character very often, probably because the plot would get lost at every shiny object. There is this one book for you though.

He also has a pretty big role in the Chronicles and Legends trilogies and manages to completely break the timeline, starting the War of Souls trilogy.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I've heard that Kender are the MOST annoying creatures to ever exist on any planet.

Yeah, I'd probably love them. Thanks! I shall into these n_n
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Vallmyr said:

I've heard that Kender are the MOST annoying creatures to ever exist on any planet.

That is definitely a tag line for Kender. As @SethDavis indicates, they get distracted quite easily.

But personally, I always thought Tas was one of the most interesting characters in the series. And there is no end to the amount of trouble that Tas can get into.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Not a novel, but check out Guilded Age, it's a webcomic. They have a gnome thief character named Bandit who is petty cool.