Skip to content

Looking for BG1EE Let's Play

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
The (other) Mr. Carnival has finally expressed a desire to play BG (YES! >:D) and gets BG1EE for his birthday. He wants to be prepared but not spoilered and as a "veteran", I think I just cause a total information overload. So I'm looking for a Let's Play with some specifics:

- unmodded, regular game (no no-reload, no solo or such)
- charname is ideally a fighter type (paladin, ranger counts) or cleric; not something a meta gamer would pick (i.e. kensage, triple multi)
- narrator doesn't assume the viewer knows BG or anything about it; covers character creation and basics of THAC0, armor class, party combinations, alignments, leveling
- English narration
- first parts should cover Candlekeep to Beregost at most

Any help with a decent Let's Play would be appreciated and rewarded with a blessing of Cauli.

A҉nd̛ ̨an Iņsight҉fu͞l͝.̢
[Deleted User]lolienRavenslight

Comments

• Millerguy74Millerguy74 Member Posts: 44
    Though it doesnt match all your criteria heres a pretty goood let's play on the original but sti ll covers the basics this is the first playlist of the three playlists of the original baldur's gate 1 + totsc
    KidCarnival[Deleted User]lolienRavenslight
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    That's not bad, it's a mage and not a fighter, but at least by someone who says he never played one. And it's an evil playthrough, which is also nice. Have an Insightful.
    lolienRavenslightelminster
    I found this, with a Stalker charname. Not as much about THAC0/AC, but at least covers weapon proficiences and where to look up stats. So it's a good start.

Ravenslight
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I would highly recommend the one done by mynameisnotlilly, posted by @Millerguy74 It is still my all time favorite Let’s Play. It is from the perspective of someone who has not played the game much, though. So there may be others that give more beginner information. Still, the advantage is that it is low on spoilers for a Let’s Play, and doesn’t overwhelm with information.
    KidCarnivalBelgarathMTH
    We have looked into both, and it's helpful to see the comparison between a clueless mage and a clueless fighter type. Neither covers too much about the numbers or character creation, but - to the rescue - a tutorial about... numbers and character creation.

RavenslightMillerguy74
  • Millerguy74Millerguy74 Member Posts: 44
    yeah i would have recommended if it wasnt for my name is not lillys playthrough which is hands down one of my favorite
    Ravenslight