Skip to content

BG saga

Hey fellow adventurers!
I have this strange problem which I wanted to share. You see, I have been playing BG saga for last 11 years. I began doing it just after my english skills were high enough for me to understand what the story is about. Every year, around june or july I create a new character whom I always love. And every time I spend many, many hours in character creation sheet. Everything must be perfect. Name, race, class and biography. Well, everything. Afterwards my adventure begins. Oh, those goblins and demons! My half brother and his evil plans! Mysterious mage which imprisoned myself and my friends. And eventually comes battle for Iron, sorry, Bhaals throne. At this point, when about 2 months of real playtime has passed, I uninstall my game and seek something else. I have never, not even once finished ToB. I even managed not to read any spoilers about what happens in the end. I have this feeling that if I finally finish whole saga about Bhaalspawn it is going to be the end of it. Fairy tale which will become boring afterwards. So my fellow adventurers, had any of you such problem? Does the game becomes different when it's done?

PS. Sorry about any misspelling. I am writing on my phone and recently have begun learning norwegian and both languages just mixed up.
lolienJuliusBorisov

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've never found that completing a run right through to the end of ToB spoils my enjoyment of the next run, even though I've done it numerous times. Just go for it, @bauskasalus - complete the game!
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Most players , including me, have this restartitis problem. Something that helped me was to try very different party combinations, and make encounters less cheesy or more difficult. Last time I almost finished ToB (I didn't because my pc hbad to be formatted and I lost it all) I decided to try a Jaheira Romance, and have both Minsc and Valygar in the party, as well as Imoen and Mr. S . It felt like a novelty for me because the party was focused on close combat and stealth, and the character I created was something I hadn't created before (A CG abjurer).

But still, BG and BG2 are excellent games and I think I will be playing it for decades to come!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    There is only one way to find out if you like the ending. And that is to try it out for yourself. As in the rest of the saga it's a point of no return.

Some people like tob and some don't. But at least you will know what group you belong to.

So go for it.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    I had similar problem with BG2 as a whole, I couldn't bring myself to finish it, even though I tried several times. I don't like leaving things unfinished, so I forced myself to do it once and for all. I'm glad that I eventually managed to finish both BG2 and TOB. It was the only time that I did it though, but it's always worth to play the game, or series all the way through at least once.

Similarly I played through all the Legacy of Kain games 3 years ago, it took me almost half a year (5 games), but there are so many links between those games, it was totally worth it. To this day it's one of my favourite series.
    JuliusBorisov
  • bauskasalusbauskasalus Member Posts: 8
    Thank you. I guess I just have to finaly end it. :)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Ive played bg2 and tob through a couple of times. Ive played bg1 and totsc tutu through 3/4 times. Ive yet to carry one single character through both despite having that goal everytime. But I will one day.
    lolien
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Also understand what you mean I held off completing mass effect 3 until long after all the dlc finished and I cant seem to get far into dragon age inquisition.