Skip to content

Chapter 2. Slum Slaver's boat/ Tactics needed (Spoiler?)

Hello everyone

I'm on the quest to free slaves, I went through the sewers, so i killed the captain, got the key and freed the children. There is an optional slaver group in front that I don't have to kill to finish quest, but I would love to because of their items.

I've tried killing them several times without success, I even killed the yuan ti first and had my Druid call in 2 nymphs before the battle started, there are two wizards that cast confusion and once that happens it's all over, all my guys have lost control and the fight is over. I need tactics, first spells to cast? Things like that

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    If I recall, neither of the two enemy mages are very well protected, so hit them fast and hard. Fireballs, backstabs, melee fighters, whatever works. Try and disable them with spells like Hold Person if you can.

On the defensive side, anything that boosts your saves will help (Protection from Evil comes to mind). Chaotic Commands, if you're high enough level, will make one character immune to confusion. There's a sword you can find in the sewers right before the slaver ship that makes you immune to confusion. And if all else fails, dispel magic could come in handy.
  • AnonymousHeroAnonymousHero Member Posts: 98
    Try (multiple) Stinking Cloud and pelting them with ranged weapons. Mages have lousy Save vs Death (which is what Stinking Cloud requires), so they should fail pretty reliably and be completely disabled.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Use the bottleneck created by the doorway to your advantage. Don't run into the room with the wizards and their support fighters. Instead, stay out in the room to the north of them and have your spell casters cast AoE disablers and damagers (webs, stinking clouds, fireballs, silence), while your archers fire arrows at any enemy who tries to get through the doorway.