Skip to content

please delete

sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
edited January 2021 in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Post edited by sorcerin on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I usually wait until finishing Upper Dorn's Deep before venturing to Lonelywood with Hjollder, then wait until returning from the Gloomfrost before taking up Hobart on his side quest, then finish up in the Lonelywood vicinity before returning to Kuldahar. IWD --> HoW --> TotLM --> finish HoW --> finish IWD.
  • sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2021
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah, you don't need to.
  • grogersongrogerson Member Posts: 116
    @sorcerin - Sadly you can't upgrade Aihonen's sword...unless you cheat it in or run through the game a second time (think Insane/HoF mode). For core play there are various other weapons, including several long swords, available in the expansions that can make up for the missing upgrade.
  • sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2021
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    sorcerin said:

But then you don't get the upgraded Sword of Aihonen to use against the HoW end boss!

So? I generally don't use that weapon, anyway, so this isn't a loss for me. Against the final boss it is much better to use equipment which gives resistance to slashing and crushing attacks. In fact, that sort of equipment is better in almost all circumstances so go for things like Long Sword of Action +4, Morningstar +4 Defender, or the Shadowed Studded Leather +4. Even in HoF mode battles become minor inconveniences when you are 90%, 95%, or 100% immune to the attacks being used against you.