Skip to content

Web traps

I just start playing BG and I'm wondering, if your party caught in a web trap then your party would certainly be doomed? Is there a solution? I tried to detect it but sometimes Imoen missed.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Web traps are not the easiest to detect if I'm not mistaken. Tread carefully and slowly.

Try to use Potions of Freedom and/or the Free Action spell on your warriors in order to avoid being helpless should you end up springing one of those traps.

Are you already in the Cloakwood? If yes, you may be interested in a certain weapon you can find in there.
  • AzadAzad Member Posts: 6
    Kilivitz said:

Web traps are not the easiest to detect if I'm not mistaken. Tread carefully and slowly.

Try to use Potions of Freedom and/or the Free Action spell on your warriors in order to avoid being helpless should you end up springing one of those traps.

Are you already in the Cloakwood? If yes, you may be interested in a certain weapon you can find in there.

Oh. Thank you. Never known of that spell or potion but I will find it. Yes, I've reached Cloakwood and everything is a lot harder there. It'd be perfect if my Imoen can stealth and disarm all the traps before my party went through but her skill is too low.

So what kind of weapon I will find?

• WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    The weapon is a specific magical sword (and my favorite item in the game). Finding it requires winning a very tough fight, but it's very useful for you right now. You'll find it while searching for a lost boy who went adventuring a bit too young...
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Can pick pocket a handy ring from a certain half long in Ulgoth's Beard which will help with your issue.

Another strategy is to cast invisibility on Imoen and send her way out in front detecting traps. If she trips a web accidentally it won't break the invis and she can just wait out the spell duration.

Finally, maybe Zone of Sweet Air will dispel the "cloud" effect of web?

If you do trip the web spell with your party then try to pause and figure out who tripped it and then send them in the opposite direction to your party. Usually you should be able to only have one character trapped and can hopefully defend him with parties ranged weapons and CC spells. Before he gets hit by the web make sure he has any items that boost saving throws equipped so he can get out of the web sooner rather than later.
  • AzadAzad Member Posts: 6
    You guys are very helpful. Thank you.