Skip to content

Multiplayer Problems: Connection too slow?

Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
Hi,

I started my first mp session with one friend yesterday and we had some problems. I mainly want to know if theese are on behalf of the game or the connection and what we might do about it.

First thing, the characters of my fellow player are kind of jumpy (and vice versa), it seems the game runs not well synchronised. This leads to some missunderstanding during fights.

Second, and maybe worst, pausing. Auto-pause does not work most of the time, manual pause needs like 3 seconds to kick in. This really destroys tactical approaches to the fights especially at the very start of a battle.

Third, if we both manipulate the inventory of the same character, the gae crashes. Which is not so bad, because we now just stick with our own inventories ^^

So, are there solutions to this problems? Would a better/faster connection help? And if so, how to improve the connection?

thx for your help!

Comments

• Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    OK, I found out two things that could help:

- obviously, closing other applications that use bandwith
    - limit the frame rate of the game in baldur.ini to minimize the impact of delays on the gameplay

Also, we use skype for voice chat, don't know how efficient it is in terms of bandwith usage....