Skip to content

Vin Diesel's birthday cake...

AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
Posted from his Facebook page today (that's some impressive cake). I wonder if he plays Baldur's Gate and/or IWD?image
WilburAedanNonnahswriterSmilingSwordelminsterAwong124the_spyderdeltagoFinneousPJKalesrawubbleTeflonCrevsDaak

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    He really seems like a genuinely stand up guy. I'm not a big fan of the Fast and Furious movies, but I'm a fan of Vin Diesel in general. I also really like the Riddick movies.
    Wilbur
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I think he should play Saravok in the movie.

I'd read years ago that he played. And I bet that helped him want to be an actor. That's cool that he openly admits it.

Most of the people that I know think of this when they think of Dungeons and Dragons

Kalesra
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Fairly sure he still does play a weekly session. Which if you think about it is great practice for an actor.
    the_spyderKalesra
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2015
    Now that I think of it, why has he never starred in a fantasy film? (Or has he?)
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    iKrivetko said:

Now that I think of it, why has he never starred in a fantasy film? (Or has he?)

Well, he is in a new film called the "The Last Witchhunter" which is being called "supernatural", and not fantasy. I spotted a flaming hand and a half sword (aka Bastard sword in RPG-ese) in the trailer for it.

NonnahswriterCrevsDaak
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    This was from a 2004 interview he gave for "The Chronicles of Riddick":

Q: Is it true you're really into Dungeons and Dragons?

VIN: No. I never play D&D. For some reason, they thought that I played D&D for 20 years. They thought that I spent years playing Barbarians, Witchunters, The Arcanum. They thought I played D&D back in the '70s when it's just the basic D&D set. They thought I continued to play D&D when it became Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. They thought I played D&D when there were only three books - the "Player's Handbook," the "Monster's Manual" and the "Dungeon Master's Guide." They thought I played D&D as it continued onto the Unearthed Arcanum, Oriental Adventures, Sea Adventures, Wilderness Adventures. THEY thought I played D&D at the time when "Deities and Demigods" was the brand new book. THEY thought I played D&D when I used to get up to a place called The Complete Strategist in New York.

[Mouths: "I'm into D&D a lot."]
    Awong124Nonnahswriter
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Adso said:

iKrivetko said:

Well, he is in a new film called the "The Last Witchhunter" which is being called "supernatural", and not fantasy. I spotted a flaming hand and a half sword (aka Bastard sword in RPG-ese) in the trailer for it.
    *sees Ygritte cast as a female lead*

*sees a giant tree in the middle of a frozen wasteland*

Obvious Game of Thrones shout-out is obvious. XD
    wubbleCrevsDaak