Skip to content

Bug: Choosing a Bard or any Thief class (single, multi, dual) causes combat scripts description bug

thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
edited June 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
This is something that happens whenever I create a character at character creation which is either a Bard or any of the Bard kits, or any class of Thief (single, kitted, multi, dual). What will end up happening is that whenever I happen to go to the scripts page from the character sheet to the customize page to use one of the games scripts (especially useful for Thieves and automatically having them detect traps in dungeons) instead of being presented with the script descriptions the way I should such as

Fighter Aggressive
Thief Ranged

etc., instead a good majority of the scripts end up showing as some kind of character biography description for several different class possibilities (from what I remember, not solely limited to the class you took). So the scripts page ends up being flooded with biography text for some reason whenever I select these classes and the script choices that would normally be there aren't there anymore as the selections are replaced by the biography text. Occasionally, when I first start a game the scripts will look normal the way they should. But if exporting a character and loading up that character at character creation, or loading up a saved game of that character, then the problem seems to activate itself (both in single player and multiplayer from what I experienced).

So as much as I'd like to play either of these classes, it's a bit of a mess trying to play them right now with the current patch cus the scripts don't display properly so I can select what I want, and they're the two classes where scripts are most important for me to use for combat/non-combat behavior.

6/21/15 Edit: Attaching some screenshots for the thread. It seems to effect some NPCs as well when choosing a Bard or Thief for your character, but doesn't seem to effect NPCs even for example Imoen who is a Thief if you choose something other than a Thief or Bard for your own character.
Post edited by thelovebat on

Comments