Skip to content

Experience after dualing **SPOILERS**

Hey guys!

I'm having a situation with my character, and need advice.
I made a thief, planning to dual fighter at lvl 13 for the backstab x5. I would be doing small quests and killing regular monsters with only Jaheira, to get more exp and avoiding quest exp until I recruited my final party. I checked when I had about 400k exp and thougt I had still a long way to lvl 13, at 660k. Well, I must have been very busy because a moment ago I checked before a fight and I had 630k! When the fight ended I had 660k, ready to lvl up and dual.
I was hoping to finish the thieves quest still as a thief, to be given the stronghold, and also I was expecting to reach lvl 13 by the time I rescued Imoen, to not be left without a thief, and not waste exp recruiting a temporary thief (Nalia or Yoshi). But I'm still on chap. II and haven't even begun the thieves quest. It's going to be a lot of exp.

So, if I lvl up but don't dual yet, what happens to the extra exp? Say, I need 660k for lvl 13, and 800k or so for lvl 14. If I dual at 750k exp, that's 90k extra. Are the carried over when thief becomes available again, do they count for the fighter class, or are they simply wasted?

Thanx in advance!

Comments