Skip to content

What are the differences?

What are the differences between the original BG1&2 and BG1&2 EE?

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    EE is better.

-BG1 now uses the BG2 engine.

-It's zoomed out so can be run at 1080p or possibly higher. I don't know, my monitor only goes to 1080p.

-the Tab function exists in BG1.

-No more BG1 sprites, which means no more BG1 slow walk speeds.

-Some new joinable NPC's, quests, items, banters and romances.

-Some general fixes.

-BG2 kits in BG1.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
    WilburDJKajuruRAM021JuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited July 2015
    The most notable/obvious change for me is the vastly improved graphics.
    RAM021WowoJuliusBorisov
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Also the EE versions include the corresponding expansions packs for BG1 and BG2.
    SmilingSwordJuliusBorisov
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    The EE versions are awesome! Dorn makes it all worth it on his own imo, lol. There are heaps of fixes and graphical improvements though. Plus the new expansion SoD soon! Woo! :D
    JuliusBorisov
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Plus BG1EE messes up the balance/difficulty of the original game with its changes to the engine: ranged weapons nerf, different weapon groups (e.g. Karoug fight, NPC changes), pause in the inventory, ugly character animations (e.g. human fighter and cleric look exactly the same), enemies following through areas etc.
    RAM021JuliusBorisov
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Tuth said:

Plus BG1EE messes up the balance/difficulty of the original game with its changes to the engine: ranged weapons nerf, different weapon groups (e.g. Karoug fight, NPC changes), pause in the inventory, ugly character animations (e.g. human fighter and cleric look exactly the same), enemies following through areas etc.

I personally find the difficulty and or balance of the BG series to be a non issue because there was never any difficulty to begin with. The original BG series is hardly a challenge, unless it's your first playthrough ever and you have no idea what your doing. If you want a decent challenge install SCS, if you want a proper challenge install Tactics/SCS/Ascension.

On the ugly character animations, are you talking about dumping the original BG1 sprites for the BG2 sprites? because if so it's completely subjective, I hated the original sprites and welcome the change.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Tuth said:

These are all BG2 changes which for the most part are superior.

And what ranged weapon nerf?
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Well, it depends purely on what you prefer. These can be both considered as inferior and superior. The OP asked about the differences and not which is better.

An example to the ranged weapons nerf: faster walking speed.
    RAM021