Skip to content

Question about importing from BGEE and SOD.

I did a search but haven't found a direct answer to this question.

If I started a new game of BGEE now, would the patch convert over my save so I could import into SOD?
Or you think I would need to wait to start a new game once they patch up BGEE?

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    You might be able to continue your save. But, honestly I would wait for the game to be released first as it will end up changing BGEE as well.
    cattlekillerJuliusBorisov
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Going by what the devs have stated, I think it'll import from existing BGEE savegames no worries.

The devs have stated that any savegames from SoD patched BGEE won't be compatible with non-SoD patched BGEE, so once your games are converted you can't go back as it were.
    cattlekillerJuliusBorisov
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for both quick responses!
    billbisco said:

You might be able to continue your save. But, honestly I would wait for the game to be released first as it will end up changing BGEE as well.

I assume some new classes/kits will be added and some UI improvements, what else could be changing in BGEE your opinion?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @cattlekiller In addition to what you said, you'll probably be able to create up to 6 characters at the beginning of the game as in IWD. Nightmare mode will probably be available for BGEE and working.
    cattlekiller
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    You can already create a custom party, it is called multiplayer mode u_u

The Legacy of Bhaal mode & the new GUI *should* be working, since it is an add-on and thus it has
    to be working in the base game or the add-on won't run.

Anyways, a patch would - like every other patch before- go over your character, but newly included stuff
    would need a new game (I mean things like new kits or new npcs/area, though the latter is highly unlikely).
    From what I gathered through watching the stream and following the AdvY/SoD threat:
    SoD is similiar to ToB, that means you load your final save and you start it with the party you defeated
    the endboss with (announced) . if you want to directly start SoD, then you will start with some items
    (probably, not announced though) and one of 3 possible partys (depending on alignment, announced)
    which would have defeated him with you (conjunction on my part, but seems likely)
    JuliusBorisov
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited July 2015
    The patch will also bring along the new path finding. And I am sure there will also be a hand full of bug fixes as well.

Edit: Almost forgot, they are also including an (optional) smoothing to make the sprites look better when fully zoomed in.
    JuliusBorisov