Skip to content

Jaheira can't equip her harper pin

I spent a long time getting Jaheira's harper pin... ever since I got it, it has been highlighted red (unusable) by her.

My mods: Gibberling tweakpack, Gibberling item revisions (http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-item_rev.html) though I installed very few things on item revisions.

I had once installed gibberling fixpack but upon realizing it wasnt need for the enhanced edition, I uninstalled it. I wasn't able to have Keldorn equip his firecam plate armor before uninstalling it, and after installing it that fixed it. But this was way before I ever got the harper pin.

My attempted solutions: I read a thread from like 2005 that said she needs her exact original stats, and the post specified those stats. I had a hill giant str belt that put her str at 19. Took it off and the pin cant work (and I tried resting and restarting the game also.)

Any ideas on what to do?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've seen this happen when her stats were decreased by an item or spell. Is she wearing anything else which might penalise any stats, such as a Claw of Kazgaroth, an Oxtail Belt, etc.?
  • AtlasgripAtlasgrip Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2015
    http://imgur.com/Cb6MdD7
    This is a screenshot of her stats. No items that I can see that penalize her stats.
    Str: 15
    Dex: 17
    Con: 17
    Int: 10
    Wis: 14
    Char: 15

When I strip her naked I still cant get the damn pin on her neck. Its always red.

I even moved on to Throne of Bhaal and still nothing! She can't wear the pin...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Can you provide a screenshot of her inventory/the items she is wearing. I had no problems with Jaheira wearing it during a recent playthrough.
  • MalbanMalban Member Posts: 25
    This happened to me as well, and I think I have your answer.

Firstly, do you have the component of either Divine Remix or BG2Tweaks that changes Jaheira's alignment to Neutral Good? When this component installs, it changes the requirements of the pin to match Jaheira's new stats (requiring NG). That said, if you have an existing game where Jaheira is already in your party she won't be affected by the alignment change and remains True Neutral, thus not meeting the requirements for the pin.

If this is the case, it is simply a matter of changing Jaheira's alignment manually in EEKeeper, or simply uninstalling the aforementioned component.
    FrozenCellselminsterArunsunJuliusBorisov