Skip to content

[Not an issue] Slayer form always kills me

VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
edited July 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I turn myself into Slayer, but when I turn myself into human again, I always take damage until I die. I can turn myself for just 1 or 2 turns, that I'll take damage until death (5, 15, 50, death). I'm at Lv. 29... Don't know if ascension had replaced for a bugged version of the transformation.

*I have BP Ascension installed.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Vitor said:

Don't know if ascension had replaced for a bugged version of the transformation.

Nope i have clean bg2ee, same 7 15 30 60...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Do me a solid

1) Create a new game in throne of bhaal (doesn't matter what character)
    2) Have the character transform into the slayer
    3) Have the character transform back into a human

Do you still get this issue?
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    elminster said:

Do me a solid

1) Create a new game in throne of bhaal (doesn't matter what character)
    2) Have the character transform into the slayer
    3) Have the character transform back into a human

Do you still get this issue?

Yes. Same thing.

Transformed for a round, and turned back to human form. Then, the character took damage until die (5, 15, 25, 50, death). I created a pre-generated char, "Abdel".
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Hey I found out I have the same problem, don't know how long I've had the problem, because I never use Slayer form, but I was in Mind Flayer town and was too lazy to collar one to open the Elder Brain door, so I went slayer opened the door turned half-elf and then died.

Got frustrated and just Ctrl+J'd over the door.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Is the spell spin823, slayer_change_two, supposed to apply damage like that? The damage is delayed--5 at 20 ticks, 10 at 26, 20 at 32, 40 at 38, then 1500 (!) at 44--but 1575 damage in just over 7 rounds? That can't possibly be right...unless we are being encouraged *not* to use the Slayer form for very long. The spell to change yourself back, spin718, does give you 100% resistance to magic damage for, not coincidentally, 44 ticks of the clock (thus preventing any damage from the Slayer change spell) but it specifically removes effects from spin823, the change spell causing the problem.

Something must be going wrong with the spell that changes you back.
    edited July 2015

Is the spell spin823, slayer_change_two, supposed to apply damage like that? The damage is delayed--5 at 20 ticks, 10 at 26, 20 at 32, 40 at 38, then 1500 (!) at 44--but 1575 damage in just over 7 rounds? That can't possibly be right...unless we are being encouraged *not* to use the Slayer form for very long. The spell to change yourself back, spin718, does give you 100% resistance to magic damage for, not coincidentally, 44 ticks of the clock (thus preventing any damage from the Slayer change spell) but it specifically removes effects from spin823, the change spell causing the problem.

Something must be going wrong with the spell that changes you back.

Do you know how I could fix it?

Is it possible that spin718 is preventing damage from the original Slayer transformation, and not from the replaced transformation from Ascension?
    I can't repeat the problem in an unmodded game. Ascension users may have a fix though

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41418/ascension-in-bg2ee-guide-and-fixes/p1
    Thanks, @elminster. I'll try it tonight.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    How weird--I don't have any mods installed but the Slayer spell I looked up earlier definitely includes the delayed damage. Of course, I was passively looking at the files and not testing them in-game. The most straightforward solution would be to remove the delayed damage effects--I don't think the player should be punished with death for switching to Slayer form. Being the Slayer is punishment enough in and of itself.
    Damage effect occurring while in the slayer form is intended. The issue here is after a player has changed back to a human they are still getting hurt (which is what I haven't been able to verify in an unmodded game).
    edited July 2015
    Problem solved. I just imported the file SPIN718.spl, from the link you mentioned, inside my Override folder, and the now slayer transformation was fixed.

Thank you very much, @elminster.
This discussion has been closed.