Skip to content

Allow remaining Hidden while Pickpocketing

billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
As a thief, I often want to stay hidden so that I can backstab enemies at a moment's notice as well as pickpocket everyone I see. Unfortunately, pickpocketing removes you from Stealth. As such, my thief is open to a lot of hostility that should normally be reserved for my bulkier companions.

Please allow players to the option or modders the option to remain hidden while pickpocketing.

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Invisibility spells and the like disappear on hostile actions. Pickpocketing is a hostile action. It seems you want to take the risk out of the action. Why?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    The risk to a pickpocket is on a failure, not on a success. PnP-wise Pickpocket is not actually an attack, and only direct attacks break invisibility. It is great fun and less tedium to go pickpocketing everyone without breaking stealth or invisbility.

This feature originally came from TobEx: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/43639-bg2tob-tobex-release-thread/

-Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]
    If a character is invisible or improved invisible, a successful pickpocket does not break invisibility.
    Hide In Shadows will still terminate at the end of the round.
    [C] This component is NOT compatible with tob_hacks.

It would be nice for the EE games to implement that ability to put the ToBEx features back into the game. This is a really fun ability.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm in favor of adding all Tobex features, so I'll ask for this as an ini switch