Skip to content

CHPT6 - Leaving candlekeep for the 2nd time

Hi all,

Just about to almost finish Lvl3 catacombs below candlekeep and about to surface back, is it better to skip the parts of going through the Gate again and take this opportunity to reach for Ulgoth's Beard (and Durlag's)

Character levels are at least 6-7 so this is the best time to get another level-up and some additional items before advancing the story line..?

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You're very close to done with the main story, so I'd recommend wrapping up anything you want to do outside Baldur's Gate, including Ulgoth's Beard.
    HudzyTuthJuliusBorisov
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I find that to be a great time for the TotSC content, figure I'm laying low for a bit.
    TuthatcDaveJuliusBorisov
  • skyjuiceskyjuice Member Posts: 2
    Hudzy said:

I find that to be a great time for the TotSC content, figure I'm laying low for a bit.

Thanks for the feedback.

It is only until recently that I gotten back to BG after laying hands on it with my PII 266 way back in 98 (?).
    This polished up version is certainly a good way to get back into it! I'm thinking to go back into the gate finish up whatever may lead up to the final battle @ The Temple...or simply not enter the gate and get to the areas in TOTSC.

Anyone done this before?
    JuliusBorisov
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Either works, but I find it harder to justify getting all the way to the final battle and then stopping for the expansion.
    skyjuiceJuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    There are two ways of doing the final battle and then going ahead with the rest of the game:

1- After finishing the final battle, reload your final save and instantly clua console your party to another area.

2-Use near infinity to edit that area script so it won't instantaneously end the game.

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I usually go back and ruin Sarevok's plan to overthrow the dukes. Then I pretended I didn't get transported to the thieves guild and instead follow certain rumors that Sarevok was seen in Ulgoths Beard. Go on this boat trip because it'll give time for him to surface. Comeback and then there's rumors of something going on in Durlags towers plus a powerful dagger that Sarevok might want to get hold of. After all that through I get a message from the thieves guild that Sarevok and his group of followers made their way through their under cellar and I should take care of him...usually anyways.
    JuliusBorisov