Skip to content

#10563 [iPad] Air and iPad Mini Retina should not shift the game screen when the keyboard is present

muzll0drmuzll0dr Member Posts: 6
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
When entering text (for character name, multiplayer settings, etc) the keyboard pushes the text dialog boxes (or perhaps the entire screen) up where the fields can no longer be seen. Have reproduced this on both iPad Air and iPad Mini w/Retina, both on iOS 8.1. I'm attaching a file for both the character name screen as well as the multiplayer settings screen. Have tried restarting app, restarting iPads, etc.
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I can confirm this. I have the same issue.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    On iOS 7 this doesn't seem to be the same thing happening.

iPad Air, Retina:

On this device the Keyboard goes up and coverst he bottom almost half of the screen, but does not push the screen up with it. Thus the "name" text box at character creation still shows the blinking icon, though you have to close the keyboard (button on the bottom right) before you can "ok" the selection.
    I have ios 8.x
    Right, I was confirming that this may be an iOS 8 thing only so that anyone running that could confirm/deny the testing. I assume you're both talking about setting the character name in the character creation screens? (go into character creation, generate a character, at the last step it prompts for a character name, this issue occurs at that point?)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Can't reproduce on iOS 8.1, iPad 4

@Pibaro @muzll0dr‌ Do either of you have any accessibility settings enabled? zoom, etc?
    The other question I have to ask is whether the devices you're dealing with are Jailbroken or not. I'm guessing not, but it's worth asking.
    Not jailbroken, and no accessibility zoom enabled.
    Looks like mine is slightly different
  • muzll0drmuzll0dr Member Posts: 6
    No jailbreak applied, nor any accessibility settings, etc. I do have "Reduce Motion" turned on, but I've turned it off with no affect. If you hide the keyboard, the screen slides back down into place the way it should be. But as soon as you focus a text field and the keyboard comes up, it pushes things right back up with it.
    Do either of you have BG:EE or BG2:EE? Do you see the same issue with those?
    I have neither, yet. Was my first foray...
    Are these the latest (September) versions of these iPads, i.e. ones with Touch ID?

(this is looking suspiciously like a reachability effect...)
    edited November 2014
    Original iPad Air (no touch) and original iPad Mini Retina (no touch). You might be onto something... Wonder why it'd affect old devices (and iPads at that) instead of the newer phones, only. (Haven't tried it on an iPhone 6 yet, maybe that's another step.)
    edited November 2014
    As a side note, if I undock the keyboard (split gets *really* funky) the screen comes back down where it should be and I can at least edit while seeing the field. A kludgy work around, but at least it's something. I should also clarify that I do not have any third party keyboards installed.
    I have both bgee and bg2ee for iPad, and they work properly.
    I have an ipad 2
    @Cerevant‌
    Thanks for the update - we'll look into it.
    FWIW I noticed this same thing happening on the iPhone 6 Plus last night as well. Thanks for your work on it, guys. :)
    Thanks for the update - I'll add that to the ticket.
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    I have the same issue with IWD:EE on an iPad 4 on 8.1.
    @LazarusNine‌ could you go to Settings, About and post the value after "Model"? Also, if you go to Settings, Accessibility, is there anything on?
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    Cerevant said:

@LazarusNine‌ could you go to Settings, About and post the value after "Model"? Also, if you go to Settings, Accessibility, is there anything on?

Model: MD511B/A

iOS Version: 8.1.1

Typically Activated (different to defaults) Accessibility Settings:
    1) Reduce Motion
    2) Button Shapes
    3) Darken Colours
    4) Reduce White Point

NOTE: I tried the game with all of the Accessibility Settings set to the defaults and the problem continues to occur.

• MalakaiusMalakaius Member Posts: 8
    Same issue on iPad Air 2 Model: MGKL2LL/A running latest version of iOS with default settings in Accessibility Settings.
  • AlvinAlvin Member Posts: 13
    [iPhone][iOS 8.3] the screen turns blank/black while the keyboard takes up the bottom half of the screen. Can't see what's being typed. Can work around by clicking on black half to get back to game to see, then click on text area to go back to black+keyboard screen.
  • timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2015
    [iOS]Same issue for iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.4 and IWD v1.4.0.